Question: I’m craving something sweet! How do I stop myself from binging?
Answer: “Fats from junk food trigger the brain to want more food. This effect can last several days”.
The key to weight loss is developing self discipline. Every time you want to pick up that cookie, think about a few things.
- Will this help me get to my goal weight?
- How many calories is actually in this?
There are also always healthier alternatives! If I’m craving something sweet, I’ll have:
- Quaker chocolate chip dipped granola bar = 100 calories. (this is a perfect alternative to a chocolate bar!)
- Vanilla Activia yogurt = 100 cal
- Lifestyle Selections biscuits. They have lots of flavours, but I like the “Vanilla Bean Latte” kind the best!3 of these for only 140 cal!
- Thinsations Chocolate Covered Pretzels (they also come in a yogurt flavour) = 100 cal.
All of these things need to be eaten in moderation.
If you’re about to eat junk food, take a minute, close your eyes and think about your ‘thinspirations’, the people that you admire for their bodies! Then, imagine yourself at your goal weight. Really, really think about it. Then ask yourself, is this really worth it?
Remember, “A second on your lips, forever on your hips!”